VLC Media Player is the cross-platform media player that allows the users to stream various media content on different devices. In fact, the VLC Media Player is compatible with various desktop platforms, mobile devices that include Windows PC, Android and Windows devices. VLC app is compatible and available to download from various app stores that include Google Play Store, iTunes App Store, and Windows Store. The VLC Media Player is an amazing app that allows the users to watch different streaming content on your device. VLC Player is also compatible on Windows device platform and allows the users stream audio and video content.
The users can stream the content absolutely for free of cost on their Android, Windows and Windows device. The VLC Media Player supports various audio and video compression methods as well as the file formats that include DVD, CD and some other streaming protocols. It offers an ability to stream media through the computer networks and the multimedia files. If you are looking to download the VLC Media Player app on your Android device, you can download it from here. You can check out the detailed review about the VLC Media Player for Windows device. Have a look!
Write About VLC Media Player?
VLC Media Player is the best video player available on the web for all the users. This player allows the users to watch any file format of video with much ease. This media player is the open-source and cross-platform that supports various device platforms like Windows, Windows Phone, Android, Windows, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and a lot more. The users can easily download and install VLC Media Player from various official app stores such as Apple iTunes app store, Google Play Store and Microsoft Windows Store.
This media player is compatible with various audio and video compression methods and different video file formats. It even supports both DVD and CD streaming protocols. VLC Media Player is the best open-source platform that lets the users watch various videos on your Android, Windows and other desktop platforms. The VLC Player for Windows is free to watch video player and it allows the users to play an extensive range of movies on your device.
The VLC Media allows the users to handle various video and audio formats in an amazing way. The VLC Media Player is compatible with various file formats that include MKV, AVI, DivX, WMV and a lot more. The users can also add subtitles files in the format of SRT to various videos. Besides the subtitles, the users can also modify the font, size, and color in the VLC Player for Windows. The users can share the content and stream it through various servers.
How to Download and Install VLC Media Player for Windows Devices:
In fact, VLC Media Player is available to download right from the official website of this app player. You can download the latest version of VLC Media Player software on your Windows device just by following the simple steps provided below:
- First of all, go to the web browser from your Windows PC.
- You need to enter the official URL link of VLC Media Player in the address bar of your browser.
- From the search results, you can find the official website of this software.
- On the home page of this website, you can find the button that says ‘Download or Gets it on Windows PC’.
- It then begins the downloading process on your computer.
- In just a few seconds, it finishes the download of VLC Media Player software.
- You can then click to open the software link. It then asks you ‘Do you want to install this software?’
- Just tap the install button and begin the installation process.
- After completing the installation, you can tap the Finish button and go to the desktop of your PC.
- You can then find the shortcut icon of VLC Media Player software.
- Click to open the VLC Media Player and start streaming your preferred movies and videos using this media player.
- That’s all! This is the easy process to download and install VLC Media Player on Windows PC for free.
How to Use VLC Media Player for Windows PC Devices:
After the completion of the installation process of VLC Media Player, you can find the downloaded software on the desktop of your computer. For accessing this player on your device, you need to follow the simple steps provided below
- First of all, go to the movies section from your PC.
- Select your preferred movie that you want to watch it on your computer.
- Just right click on the movie and you can find a plethora of options.
- From the list of options, you can find the option that says ‘Play with VLC Media Player’.
- Click that option and your movie will start streaming through this player.
- The movie will start streaming in your desired resolution and preferred file format.
- There is a possibility to add subtitles to the movie from the section ‘Subtitle’.
- All you need to do is to go to Subtitle section >> Add Subtitle file that you have already downloaded from the web.
- The users can easily alter the interface of this player from the View section.
- One can easily make adjustments to the video using the options that include aspect ratio, crop, zoom and more.
- The users can either pause, play, stop, rewind, jump backward or forward or jump to a specific time in the movie or a video.
- From the audio section, the users can make volume adjustments such as an increase or decrease the volume.
- The users can make various audio adjustments like adjusting the stereo mode settings and visualizations of the video.
- This is a simple procedure to use VLC Media Player software with much ease.
- You can enjoy streaming your favorite movies, TV shows and movies in your preferred resolution, volume, and file format.
Requirements of VLC Media Player:
The current latest version of VLC PLayer for Windows is 3.0.6. The size of the downloadable file is 38MB. This app belongs to the category of Photo and Video. This VLC Player is compatible on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and many more. It requires Windows 7.0 and above versions of the operating system. If you are seeking to download and install VLC Media Player on your Windows PC, you need to have basic system requirements. In this post, we have come up with a list of the minimum pre-requisites for installing VLC Media Player on Windows 7/8/10 operating system running devices. Check it out!
- You can run VLC Media Player on various versions of Windows operating system that include Windows XP, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 platforms.
- Download the latest version of VLC Media Player on your Windows PC.
- Ensure that your device has an active internet connection to run this software for free without any interruption.
- Make sure that your Windows PC has enough storage space to install VLC on Windows computer.
Features of VLC Media Player:
VLC Media Player is a free and open source, a cross-platform media player that lets the users play various videos, movies and more. Check out the excellent features of VLC Media Player available for your Windows 7/8/10 PC or Laptop:
- VLC Media Player is a portable multimedia player that supports various media files.
- Using this software, users can play different multimedia files and stream the content from VCDs, audio CDs, and DVDs.
- The users can play different types of files in various formats including the exotic files.
- This software comes in support with the network streams such as RTSP, MMS, and HLS.
- This media player lets the users to manipulate the playback speed and fine seeking.
- It is an absolutely free and open-source software program.
- The VLC Media Player is compatible with 10-bit video.
- Some of the supported options include multiple audio tracks, ability to play MKV and supports subtitle tracks.
- You can find the music library and handle it with much ease. The users can find various playback recommendations and retrieve the metadata.
- VLC Media Player is another best mini audio player that supports background audio.
What’s good about VLC Media Player for Windows?
The VLC Player for Windows is the best video player that shows the best screen with amazing controls. There are several ways to upload the media on this VLC Media player. The users can also add subtitles to the movie in English or any other language. This VLC Media Player is compatible with GDrive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud Drive, iTunes, Dropbox, and Google Drive online storage resources.
Just like the advantages, you may even find some disadvantages of VLC Media Player software. We have included some of the limitations of the VLC Media Player tool. Everything on this VLC Media Player is well-built and allows the users to stream content in the best quality. However, there are some things that must improve this VLC Media player. If you wish to build a video library right from the bottom, it takes pretty much long time.
How to Fix VLC Media Player Errors:
While using VLC media player, you come across various file formats. This player supports almost all the file formats. But, in some cases, this VLC Media Player won’t support playing MP4 videos on your device. In such a situation, it pops up the error that says ‘VLC won’t play MP4 Video’ error. The users can easily fix this error by following the easy steps or solutions provided below in this post. We have included some of the best fixes to solve VLC won’t play MP4 video error. Have a look!
MP4 Video File Format Error on VLC Player:
The MP4 video files usually support various device platforms across different devices. VLC Media Player is one of the most popular video players available for all the users that have the ability to play any format of audio and video files. VLC is compatible on various formats such as MPEG-4 ASP, DivX 4/5/6, XviD, 3ivX D4 and H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC and a lot more. On the other hand, the MP4 format of the file has various types of video and audio codecs. If in case, the MP4 video file comprises of some unsupported video or audio codec of VLC then, the VLC media player won’t support it. You will then get this error that says ‘VLC won’t play MP4 video’ error on the device.
There are some reasons for VLC not playing the MP4 files.
- Due to specific limitations of VLC player, it might not be capable of playing MP4 videos.
- Another reason is that your MP4 video might be corrupted or fake one.
- If there is any damage in the MP4 video file header you will come across this error.
How to Fix this Error on VLC?
- If you are seeking to fix this error, you can make use of Yodot MOV repair program on your Windows on Mac device.
- After downloading this program, you can install and run it on your device.
- Just hit the browse option so as to choose specific MP4 file that generated problem earlier.
- Just hit the repair button. In just a few moments, it repairs the error and you can then save the repaired MP4 file to your folder.
- You can then start playing MP4 videos on your VLC player.
This is the best solution for the users to fix their VLC Won’t Play Mp4 Video Error.
On the whole, VLC is an amazing media player that lets you handle it with much ease using the gesture controls on the mobile device. The VLC Media Player offers great performance on any device and any platform. All these make the VLC Player for Windows an incredible app for video playback. This is everything you need to know about VLC Media Player for Windows PC. We have even included the benefits, features and the steps to download VLC Media Player. Hope this guide has provided enough details about the installation of this app player. For more doubts and queries, just ask us through the comments section below.