Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (APPGECET) is an examination conducted by JNTU, Kakinada every year for admission into Regular Post Graduate Courses in many fields like Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy (ME / M. Tech / M. Pharmacy) and graduate level Pharm â€“ D (Post Baccalaureate). The test is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada on the behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education which is a statutory body of the Government there. This exam is only valid for admission in the colleges of Andhra Pradesh.
About Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University was established in 1946 and was known as â€˜The College of Engineering, Visakhapatnamâ€™. It is situated on the Port city of Kakinada. The institute became autonomous in the year 2003. The university proudly accommodates 400 boys and 300 girls and other day students. Students have the facilities of Bank, Post Office, dispensary, guesthouse and play fields. The university has been accredited by National Board of Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of University Grants Commission (UGC) with â€˜Aâ€™ grade.
To prepare for any exam is a very hard thing to do. Not everyone can crack the examination. Proper preparation is a must to excel in an exam. Preparation not only includes learning & practice but also knowing the examination pattern. So here is the examination pattern of PGECET â€“
- PGECET is a two hours examination
- It is of maximum 120 marks
- The questions asked in PGECET are of Objective type that is they are multiple choice questions
- An OMR (Optical Mark Reader) sheet is provided with question paper and students have to answer the question by darkening the bubble in front of desired option
- The applications are filled online but the test is conducted offline
- The cut off is 25 % marks for general category and for ST and SC would depend at the time of admission
Also the registration fee for the exam is Rs. 600 for general and Rs. 300 for ST and SC. If the candidate wants to apply for more than one exam then he or she has to pay separate fee for every test.
How to prepare for the exam?
- The most basic step towards preparing for the exam knows your syllabus thoroughly. Many times it happens that we get confused in syllabus and end up wasting our time on wrong topics.
- Secondly we know that syllabus is very vast so no one complete the syllabus. So make sure first you cover all the topics you are good at and make them your strong point. After that you can cover other topics.
- Always refer to previous year papers. Referring to previous papers gives you an idea as to how well prepare you are. But do not believe that only those questions will come. Pattern can change anytime.
- Never panic before exam by listening to topics others have studied. Everyone has their strengths and have prepared according to that and so have you. So be confident in yourself.
For More Help Visit:Â http://www.appgecet.org/