Are you one of those many who use Windows based PC or laptop? If yes is what you replied, then let me ask you a simple question. What do you do when you face any problem in your Windows? Oh! So you start it in the Safe Mode and solve the problem.
Safe Mode is the so far the best way for troubleshooting on PC and easy too. Just press F8 key, boot your Windows into safe mode and solve the problem while running in that mode, simple! Well, this is the procedure that one follows and is applicable on all Windows except the Windows 8. In this latest version of Windows, you can’t enter into the Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key. You need to follow a different procedure to restart Windows 8 in safe mode. Here is that procedure.
Steps to restart Windows 8 in safe mode
Simplest Way: Booting Into Safe Mode on Windows 8
- In this procedure about restart Windows 8 in safe mode, all you need to do is to press and hold the Shift button and mash the F8 key.
- Sometimes, doing so may take you to “recovery mode”. If this happens, then you need to select the option that reads ‘See advanced repair options’.
- On the next screen, you need to select the ‘Troubleshoot’ option. Doing so will take you to next screen where you need to select the option that reads ‘Advanced Options’. This lies at the last spot.
- On the screen that follows the previous one, you need to select the ‘Windows Startup Settings’ option. After that, on the next screen, you need to click on ‘Restart’.
- That’s all. Now when you will restart your PC, you will see the same Advanced Boot Options screen that you might have seen many a times in any previous version of Windows. From there, you can easily restart Windows 8 in safe mode.
Getting To Safe Mode From Within Windows 8
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Win+R. In this dialog box, type ‘msconfig’.
- A new window will open where you need to switch to ‘Boot’ tab.
- By switching over to Boot tab, you will see the Safe Boot option written over there. Click the checkbox that lies next to it.
- When you check the Safe Boott checkbox, you are supposed to select any option from the given four options that are provided the radio buttons next to them.
- Before we proceed ahead in this process to restart Windows 8 in safe mode, you must have knowledge of all major given options.
Minimal is normal safe mode.
Alternate Shell is safe mode with command prompt
Network is safe mode with networking
- So, choose the one that meets your desires. After that, close the open windows. A warning message will appear. Out of two given options, click ‘Restart’.
- Your Windows 8 will system will restart. Yeah, in the safe mode.
That’s all. This was how to restart Windows 8 in safe mode . Apply the process right away!